I remember the first time I looked at Amazon’s registry checklist. To say I was bewildered would put it mildly. As a first time mommy who had nothing, there was so much I needed! I had no idea where to start. Thankfully I had some very informative friends that were able to guide me through some of the must-haves in parenthood with a newborn!
So with the help of Okie Mom followers, I have put together a printable baby registry checklist, as well as five must-haves and mommy lifesavers.
- Portable changing pad: I still, with a 15 month old, use my portable changing pad all the time! My diaper bag came with one, but there are all kinds of choices out there. You’ll want one that is machine washable and easily folds! This is a lifesaver when it comes to diaper changes in public restrooms or in the car.
- Velcro Swaddle: I can’t say this enough… LIFESAVER! I have heard many, many mamas talk about how much they love velcro swaddles for their newborns. Instead of fighting a blanket and having to make sure you get the blanket tight enough, simply slip little one into the sack and velcro them in! Amazing! My little guy slept like a rock in his swaddle!
- Nose Frida: There will come a day that your new little bundle of joy has a runny, snotty nose, like it or not. The little nose sucker from the hospital will help a little, but the Nose Frida is ten times better! Multiple mamas have raved to me about how amazing it works.
- Digital Ear Thermometer: My hospital gave us a digital thermometer, but it was one that had to go under his tongue (which obviously wasn’t going to happen), or in his armpit. It also took a while to register the temperature. A digital ear or forehead thermometer is the way to go! One reader even mentioned they come in handy when you need to take your babe’s temperature and not wake him/her up. Totally worth it!
- Baby Carrier: This. Is. A. Lifesaver. Seriously! We used our Tula Baby Carrier all the time when Jonathan was fresh. We also used it regularly throughout his first year of life. Even now, being 15 months old, I use it periodically! (My little guy is sometimes a stage 5 clinger.) The Tula is super comfortable for mom, dad, or Grammy. It is easy to take on and off by yourself. It really is magical!
Definitely check-out the downloadable Baby Registry Checklist! There are so many items you may not think of, especially if you are a first time mama, and it can help you get on the right track!
When you start looking toward whether you want to buy your own pureed baby food, or venture out and make your own, make sure to check-out one of my previous posts: Beaba Baby Food Maker.
What other items do you think mamas need when they have a little bundle of joy coming into the world? Comment below if you can think of anything else that should be added to the list! I would love to know your opinion. 🙂
Some of the links included above are affiliate links, meaning, I will earn a commission if you click-through and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I use and love!
So until next time,