I remember getting my diaper bag ready for the first time when our little family was going to finally venture out of the house. I really wasn’t sure what the necessities were. Over the course of the last year or so I have finally come up with some absolute needs that I don’t leave the house without though. I have included links to some of our favorite things for you to check out on Amazon! Feel free to click around!
My diaper bag necessities include:
- Obviously, you will need baby wipes! My little guy has some sensitive skin, so Pampers Pure Wipes have been a lifesaver for us!
- Another no-brainer that you will need is diapers, whether cloth or disposable. I’m just not the kind of mom that can do cloth, though I wish I was! My little guy lives in Pampers Swaddlers. All others seem to break his little hiney out! 😦
- Always, always, always have a spare change of clothes! I have made the mistake of traveling places thinking we wouldn’t need to change his clothes. Of course, that is always when he would need a new pair of pants or a whole new outfit change!
- In the beginning, I never left the house without a bib, and for your little bitties, a burpcloth! I wish I still didn’t, but my little guy refuses to wear a bib. *cue eye roll* We were always a fan of the Aiden and Anais burpcloths though! They are SO soft!
- Snacks of some kind are an absolute need for both mama (especially if you are nursing) and baby! Right now, Jonathan is in love with Annie’s organic snacks, but back when he didn’t have little chompers, we didn’t leave the house without some of the Plum Organics Puffs.
- To go along with the snacks, they will obviously need a drink at some time, so a sippy cup or bottle are a need!
- Okay, this one is honestly one of my favorites, and I really didn’t know about them until a baby shower when Jonathan was still little bitty, thankfully. These disposable stick-on placemats are awesome! I’ve gotten mine at Wal-Mart several times, but whatever kind you get, make sure they have stickers on all four sides, like these! If you are a germ worrier like me, these will save you from stressing about your little one eating straight off of a, sometimes, not completely clean tabletop while you are out and about.
- Before Jonathan came along, I was determined to not use a binky, but that quickly changed. It was either the binky or me, so I chose the binky, and we never left without it! Wubbanubs were our all time favorite!
- When you get stuck in a waiting room or in the car, you will definitely want toys of some kind! We usually have a book, his toy keys or phone, or something that is his favorite toy at that time.
Now some of these things may not be relevant for your child, depending on the age. For example, my little guy no longer uses his binky, so we don’t have that need anymore. Your little one may be itty-bitty still, and so the placemats would be unneeded. This is just a list of items I have needed over the course of my time with an (almost) 18-month-old! I hope you find it useful!
Some of the links included above are affiliate links, meaning, I will earn a commission if you click-through and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I use and love!
So until next time,