So for real, I’m in major Christmas shopping mode. I went with a friend to An Affair of the Heart the other day and I got several gifts taken care of. Woohoo!
So with that in mind, I thought I would give some Christmas ideas for those of you shopping for younger ones! These would be great for kiddos in the one-ish age. I say “ish” because they could be 15 months old and a lot of these will still apply to them. When they are little bitty though, they grow and change so fast!
So without further ado, these are a few of the things I bought my own little guy for his first Christmas stocking, and a few things I have thought of along the way:
- Seriously, I have talked about The First Years Stack Up Cup Toys several times on my blog, but my little guy LOVES them! Even now, we have two sets of stacking cups. One is in the bathtub and one in his playroom. He plays with them all the time, and even likes to cram his snacks in them sometimes!
- A fun snack, like yogurt melts, is sure to be a hit! Or if that is something you get regularly, try to think outside of the box for a yummy snack your little one doesn’t get regularly, but are sure to love!
- What one-ish year old doesn’t need a teether? Their poor little gums at that age are doing some major work, and having something to chew on can help their little teeth pop up sooner. Jonathan really liked the Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys!
- If your little one is anything like mine, you may have several socks that are missing their match. I don’t know what it is about socks, but they just always seem to go missing with little ones! This would be a great time to stock back up on socks, maybe even just because they need a bigger size! Honestly, my favorite place to buy socks for Jonathan has been Wal-Mart!
- Small bath toys are also usually a hit in my house. Granted, my little one is a fish, but these bath squirters are absolutely adorable!
- A baby toothbrush, if you haven’t gotten one already would fit great in a little one’s stocking. We used the SmileFrida Finger Toothbrush and the Hello Kids Toothpaste. I love that the toothbrush comes with a travel case!
- This is the perfect time to get an adorable hat and/or gloves! With the different colors, this hat would be adorable for a little boy or girl!
- This is a great time to also buy items your little one will need in the near future, like their own spoon and fork! Though we have several types, one of the sets Jonathan has is the Babyware Utensil Set. The great thing about these is that the handles fit right in the palm of your little one’s hand.
- Sippy cups are something I feel like we have a ton of, but we use each and every one! My little one has LOVED his Re-Play Sippy Cups. I am actually looking at getting some of the plates because we love the cups so much!
- With the size of a little one’s hands, cars with holes in them make it easy for small hands to hold and move them. Jonathan has loved and played with his cars that have finger grips! This set is super cute!
I hope this gives you some ideas of items you can include in your one-ish year old’s Christmas stocking this year!
Did I not include something you consider a must-have for this age’s stocking? I would love to hear your opinion in the comments below! 🙂
Some of the links included above are affiliate links, meaning, I will earn a commission if you click-through and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I use and love!
So until next time,